Ukraine's broadcaster, UA:PBC, has launched its search for the country's representative at Junior Eurovision 2017. A semi-final is planned for 8th August and will be broadcast live on YouTube. The final will take place on 25th August. Who will follow in Sofia Rol's footsteps and represent Ukraine at Junior Eurovision this year?
The competition is open to performers aged between 9 and 14 years old. Young singers hoping to participate in the Ukrainian selection for Junior Eurovision have until 7th August to submit their entries. More details are on the website of UA:PBC.
Ukraine made its debut at Junior Eurovision in 2006 and won the competition in 2012. Last year Sofia Rol represented the country with the song Planet Craves For Love in Valletta, Malta.
Earlier this year Ukraine successfully hosted the 62nd Eurovision Song Contest. The 2017 Junior Eurovision Song Contest will take place in Tbilisi, Georgia, on Sunday 26th November.
Update - Finalists announced:
1. Shkidchenko Sofiia, “Yo De Lei”
2. Duo “Hlamurchyk”, “De ty i ya” (“Where You and I”)
3. Ryzhak Pollianna, “On Your Way”
4. Bondarenko Sofiia, “Muzyka dushi” (“Music of the Soul”)
5. Kovalenko Veronika, “In My Dream”
6. Bahinska Anastasiia, “Ne zupyniai” (“Do Not Stop”)
7. Boikova Nina, “Dream Is Near”
8. Halytska Darina, “Yanholy” (“Angels”)
9. Lozina Sofiia, “Ya viriu” (“I Believe”)
10. Skliarenko Fedia (Fedir), “Davai, spivai!” (“Come On, Sing!”)