In November Australia competed for the second time in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest. Alexa Curtis scored Australia's best placing in Junior Eurovision so far when she finished in fifth place with her song We Are. We caught up with Alexa to find out what she's been up to since the contest.
Alexa has happy memories of her time in Malta at Junior Eurovision 2016. When asked if she could sum up the experience in one word she said, "inspiring". Alexa's favourite memory from the week was spending time with the contestants from the different countries. "We all shared a common love of singing, it was really nice to spend time with them. Even those that didn't speak English, we managed to find different ways to communicate".
Alexa also has some advice for prospective Junior Eurovision participants:
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be flexible as things can change, sometimes at short notice
- Get involved in activities as it's a great way to spend time with the other contestants
- Be open to any opportunity
- Look after yourself and get plenty of rest
- Try to fly in earlier to acclimatise
- Above all, believe in yourself
When asked if Alexa would consider entering the Eurovision Song Contest she replies immediately; "Absolutely! I would definitely love to represent Australia at the adult Eurovision. It would be a big honour to be chosen. I will keep working hard and hopefully one day it will happen!" The future looks bright for Alexa as she enters a new phase in her life and career. Check out Alexa's performance in Junior Eurovision 2016 below!