The national broadcaster in Belarus, BTRC, has confirmed that the national selection for the 2017 Junior Eurovision Song Contest will take place on Friday 25th August. Earlier this year there was an open call for entries and the final ten finalists have now been revealed.
Following the deadline for submissions, auditions took place in Belarus in front of a professional jury. The ten finalists in 2017 are:
- Ruslana Panchishina (Minsk)
- Helena Meraai (Minsk)
- Stephanie Sokolova (Minsk)
- Anastasia Zhabko (Minsk)
- The quartet of the National V. Mulyavin Children's Art Center: Maxim Tsuprikov, Angelina Lomako, Stephanie Kruglaya and Stephanie Sokolova (Minsk)
- Maria Zhilina (Minsk)
- Duet Arina Pekhtereva and Anastasia Dmitrachkova (Mogilev)
- Yaroslav Sokolikov (Minsk)
- Anastasia Timofeevich (Brest)
- Elina Mataras (Minsk)
You can listen to all the entries in the 2017 national selection on the website of BTRC. The show will be broadcast live from Minsk and the winner will be decided by a 50/50 combination of public and jury votes.
Belarus at Junior Eurovision
Belarus is one of the most successful countries at Junior Eurovision has has won the competition twice and appeared in the top five no less than eight times. It is also one of the few countries that has participated in every single contest since Junior Eurovision began in 2003.
Last year Alexander Minyonok finished seventh in Junior Eurovision 2016 in Valetta, Malta. Who will follow in Alexander's footsteps?