Accreditation Terms & Conditions
This page contains the Terms & Conditions for accreditation for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest.
The following Terms and Conditions shall apply and be binding upon all individuals who
- submit an application for accreditation to the Junior Eurovision Song Contest (JESC)
- have access to the premises where the JESC takes place, are accredited to the JESC and/or are given an Accreditation Card (including any holders of TLA).
By submitting an application for accreditation and/or carrying an Accreditation Card, You, irrespective of the category under which You are accredited, hereby irrevocably accept that the provisions of the present Terms and Conditions shall apply to You and agree to abide by and be bound by the present Terms and Conditions. Only applications completed and submitted online via the appropriate channel on https://ebu.accredion.com (“Accredion”) within the applicable deadline will be taken into consideration. All matters relating to accreditation, including the determination of the categories of accreditation, the corresponding area accesses, the attribution of the category under which You may be accredited, as well as the terms upon which accreditations (including the quotas) are attributed or denied are solely decided by the EBU. Applicants will be informed whether their application for accreditation has been approved or not.
You hereby acknowledge and accept that
- The EBU and/or the Host Broadcaster and/or the Participating Broadcasters have the discretional right to decide whether or not to approve accreditation and/or to grant Accreditation Cards;
- The Host Broadcaster and/or the EBU may refuse, at any time, for any reason whatsoever at their absolute discretion and without being required to provide a justification, access, on a temporary or permanent basis, to any area, to any accredited individual;
- The rights granted to any accredited individual may be modified or cancelled discretionally at any time under any circumstance and for any reason, should this be deemed necessary by the Host Broadcaster and/or the EBU, without the need to provide justification; in any case, breach of the accreditation rules (including any provisions of the applicable EBU Handbooks) or non-compliance with any instructions given by authorised representatives of the EBU and/or of the Host Broadcaster shall result in being denied access to the premises or being evicted therefrom;
- In case of cancellation or withdrawal of an accreditation, all privileges granted by accreditation shall cease immediately. Denial of access and/or accreditation from the on-going event shall be permanent, unless decided otherwise.
You hereby acknowledge and accept that
- The Accreditation Card is and remains the property of the Host Broadcaster;
- The Accreditation Card is non-transferrable and must be borne and clearly visible at all times during the entire time spent on the JESC's premises;
- The Accreditation Card is not valid as a ticket for the dress rehearsals or the live show;
- The Accreditation Card must be returned to the Host Broadcaster or the EBU immediately upon request at any time;
- Loss of the Accreditation Card should be reported to the Accreditation Centre immediately. The Host Broadcaster reserves the right to charge a maximum of 50€ to replace the lost Card.
Behaviour at the Event - Code of Ethics
By entering the premises where the Accreditation Card is required for access, You hereby agree and accept:
- To comply at all times, promptly, with all instructions given by any representative of the EBU and/or of the Host Broadcaster;
- To comply with all provisions of applicable EBU Handbooks (including the JESC Reporting Access Rules) as may be made available by the EBU from time to time;
- To be inspected or searched for prohibited items and to have any prohibited items confiscated while you stay within the JESC premises;
- Not to carry into or wear on any JESC premises (even if access does not require an Accreditation Card), any political, religious, racist, promotional or advertising material, sign, objects or messages;
- Not to behave or work in a manner which could infringe other persons' rights or limit or hinder anyone else's working capabilities. Physical and/or verbal and/or sexual abuse or aggression is strictly prohibited;
- Not to sell, offer to sell or possess with the intent of selling any goods or services whatsoever, including selling promotional materials via online and offline platforms;
- To assume all risks related to your attendance at the JESC and other related events controlled by the Host Broadcaster and/or the EBU;
- That it is strictly prohibited to create, manufacture, distribute or carry fake Accreditation Cards and/or to carry the Accreditation Card of someone else. Such violation will result in a permanent exclusion from accreditation to any subsequent EBU event and will be reported to the relevant authorities;
- Not to lend your Accreditation Card to anyone, including to any member of your Delegation or otherwise dispose of your Accreditation Card.
- To always and in any circumstances behave in an ethical manner towards the children attending the JESC
- To behave in accordance with the values of the Code of Ethics for the JESC available here. If you apply for accreditation on behalf of someone else, You warrant that the individual in question is aware of these Terms and Conditions and of the Code of Ethics for the JESC available here and shall comply therewith.
Content Material/Filming at the Event
You hereby acknowledge and accept that:
- Specific JESC Reporting Access Rules specify what content Press representatives and/or media outlets may produce; any use of material which is not specifically allowed in the JESC Reporting Access Rules or hereunder shall be strictly prohibited except with the prior written express approval of the EBU;
- Press representatives and/or media outlets which have been accredited at previous JESCs may be asked by the EBU to provide copies of their previous coverage of the JESC to make sure that they have actually covered the JESC’s the previous years and that they are eligible to get a P-accreditation;
- You are strictly prohibited from recording and/or transmitting and/or making available (on any media, including, without limitation, the Internet and mobile devices such as mobile telephones and PDA's) images of the rehearsals, press conferences and the live show from any of the screens on the JESC's premises;
- Holding an Accreditation Card shall in no case confer the right to broadcast, record, transmit or otherwise make available, in part or in whole the broadcast signal of the rehearsals and/or the show;
- You hereby grant the Host Broadcaster and the EBU and/or their licensees the non-exclusive right, on a free of charge basis and without limitation in time, to use and record your voice, image and likeness in connection with moving and still image broadcasts, any recordings related to the JESC or other related events controlled by the Host Broadcaster and/or the EBU.
When You apply for accreditation, we collect and process certain personal information relating to You. Such personal information will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Notice.
By applying for accreditation, You hereby consent to and accept that Your Personal Information be collected and processed as set forth in the above mentioned Privacy Notice.
If You apply for accreditation on behalf of someone else, You hereby warrant that You have obtained appropriate consent from the individual for whom you request an accreditation and that he/she is aware and consents that his/her Personal Information be collected and used as described in the above mentioned Privacy Notice.
You hereby accept and agree that
- When You use Accredion, You shall not use it in a manner which could be detrimental to the service or against the law.
- You shall not hold the Host Broadcaster and/or the EBU and/or the Participating Broadcasters liable for any costs, damages, including any direct, indirect or consequential damages which may arise pursuant to your attendance at the Event and/or pursuant to any refusal of access and/or withdrawal of the Accreditation Card;
- You shall compensate any loss or damage and that You shall indemnify the Host Broadcaster and/or the EBU and/or the Participating Broadcasters against all damages and liabilities which may result from and/or arise out of your breach of any provision of the present Terms and Conditions (including any provisions of applicable EBU Handbooks released for the JESC or from the Privacy Notice) and/or from any behaviour by which You may harm the proper functioning Accredion and/or the reputation and/or the image of the EBU, the JESC, the Host Broadcaster and/or the Participating Broadcasters;
- All decisions taken by the EBU, the Host Broadcaster and/or the Participating Broadcasters shall be final and binding and You agree that no remedy shall be possible
These Terms and Conditions are subject to Swiss Law and shall be applicable to individuals applying for accreditation at the JESC.
Last updated: 17 October 2018